CRD IV Workshop Objectives
The objective of the CRD IV workshop is to familiarize the participants with the new European regulation for banks and financial institutions.
We will start with a general introduction to the CRD IV package and give an overview of the changes. Participants will gain a solid understanding of the main provisions of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) and the amended Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV).
Particular attention will be given to capital, liquidity requirements, leverage, and capital buffers. The workshop combines formal theoretical instruction with reference to practical examples.
Course Brochure and Infographics
CRD IV Workshop is intended for participants who are already facing the problems of managing and reporting various banking risks, capital requirements, and disclosure. The workshop is also for those who wish to acquaint themselves with the new Single Rulebook, knowing its importance and impact on the whole functioning of banks.
In addition to the interpretation of the new rules concerning capital and capital requirements, liquidity, leverage, capital buffers, and other innovations brought about by the CRD IV will be discussed. Practical examples of adaptation to the new regulation will be shown.
– Review of Basel I, Basel II and Basel III
– The Crisis and the need to strengthen the global capital framework
– Elements of own funds
– Capital requirements for credit risk, operational risk, market risk, and settlement risk
– Counterparty credit risk
– Capital buffers
– Liquidity definitions and new liquidity coverage requirement
– Large exposures
– Leverage and calculation of the leverage ratio
– Disclosure by institutions
– Implementation of the governance arrangements and remuneration policies
Who should attend
– risk managers and risk controllers
– regulatory reporting staff, and compliance professionals who are involved in assessment, computation, reporting and monitoring activities related to CRD IV
– ALM professionals and liquidity specialists
– accountants and internal audit professionals
– anyone else requiring a better understanding of the proposed changes to banking regulations
Group booking discounts
2 delegates — 440 EUR per delegate
3 or more delegates — 390 EUR per delegate