This training course will provide participants essential information needed for issuing bonds and financing bond positions.
Today, issuing bonds is a highly technical and complicated process. We will try to present it in a more user-friendly way. Pre-issuance activities, bond structure, legal documents, marketing and placement, and pricing and launch will be discussed in detail.
The course will also explain the growth and vital importance of repos on the financial markets. It will explore how these activities can improve bond market liquidity and be profitable to all parties involved.
Its practical approach will provide participants with an insight into how financial institutions lend and borrow securities and utilise repos.
The programme of the workshop does not require knowledge or practice with bond issuing. However, experience in this area is welcome. This workshop is suitable for those who would like some insights into bond issuance. In addition to the theoretical basics, practical examples will also be presented. Through case study analysis, practical examples and hands-on workshops, this intensive training course will provide participants the opportunity to improve their understanding of the aspects of bond issues and repo agreements.
Instructor: Jernej Doles
For further information about Jernej Doles, please check out his résumé.
– Introduction to bonds
– Who are the issuers and who are investors in bonds?
– Characteristics of bonds
– Pre-issuance analysis
– Market analysis
– Transaction development and structure
– Types of bonds
– Legal documentation and securities law disclosure
– Marketing and placement
– Pricing and launch
– Post-issuance requirements
– Repurchase agreement – repo
– Securities lending
Who should attend
– securities traders
– fund managers
– risk managers, risk controllers and auditors
– client relationship managers
– members of borrower treasury teams
– originators on debt capital markets
– project / structured finance managers
– corporate treasurers
– debt capital market participants
– corporate finance personnel
– personnel responsible for funding activities
Group booking discounts
2 delegates — 440 EUR per delegate
3 or more delegates — 390 EUR per delegate